Monday, October 4, 2010

Step Two


I decided that I wanted to start this blog as a creative outlet for me to record my construction project from beginning to end.  Documenting the construction process without adding a little humor would be a little boring so........... what could be more fun then spray painting the floor plan on the ground and walking around like you own the space.  I know my walls are not straight and my furniture is out of proportion, but you got to admit its better then looking at a set of construction documents asking people to visualize the ground.



This project, (even though I love it) has been quite a struggle for me emotionally.  I have been completely out of my comfort zone and  have been questioning when that shift of feeling like I have things under control will return? Pushing myself, walking thru the dark tunnel trusting that I will eventually see the light at the end is what I do best.  But something lately has me really questioning did I push to far?  I think I'm just in the thick of it, so bare with me and for now don't make to much fun of me lying on the ground pretending.....Happy Monday!






7 comments:

  1. These photos are so amazing!! I work in architecture, so you are tugging at my heartstrings here. I wish I was building something of my own so I could go spraypaint the ground! Also, I LOVE your skirt, is it vintage??

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! yes its vintage found at a lovely thrift store, I think 70's or 80's not sure. What do you do in architecture? Its so nice to find like minds!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I seen those boots somewhere?? ;) Terra this post is brilliant!! I love the spray painted layout so much and how you are opening the door to the bathroom! Oh! I love it!! I also REALLY love this outfit and I know that this is not necessarily a style blog in the strictest sense of the word, you gat some great style girl! keep the posts coming! This is my new obsessive daily read (and I only have like 3 of those so, you know.) I am also really excited that you are connecting with Ana! I am not sure if she will know to check back here for you comments to her so you may drop her a line at her blog, but I am sure you already have so I'll just butt out. let me know If I ever seem too whatever or whatever K. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina I'm so sorry I totally wanted to post that I got these wonderful (wear them all the time) boots from you. Ah.....I feel so bad, it was my intension, will make it up to you....

    Im totally honored that you are obsessed!!! Im obsessed with your so we are even steven!! I still dont have your style though, you will have to help me! And no dont butt out, I totally dont know how all the blogging world works, should I just comment back to there blogs, so confused??? like now should I write you back on your blog. gesh.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely loving these photos, you are so clever! It instantly reminded me of when I was about six and my parents took me to see the block of land they'd just bought to build our house on. After surveying the scene, all I did was shake my head and say 'you won't fit a house on that'. It is a one acre block. The house fits fine, by the way.
    ps. The photos on my blog are taken with an iPhone app called Hipstamatic. It is pretty cool, even if I do say so myself. Mostly because now I don't have to carry around both a phone and a camera!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, well, it is best to go to each person's blog to leave comments back and answer questions and network. Most people, once they comment on a post, do not go back and check it again for feedback, but hey, I don't know, if you state that you will leave comment feedback in the comments section people may start just doing that so do what feels right! And really, no worries about the boots! I am just happy you love them! They were goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I work at an architecture firm, but I'm not licensed yet. Nothing too glamorous, but I enjoy my work. I work at a small firm that does mostly commercial design right now. It's a unique place in that they really understand the importance of balancing work and life outside of work (I'm sure you know how the field is).

    Anyway, I'm super excited to watch your awesome journey on here! And that skirt is AMAZING, what a lucky thrift find!

    ReplyDelete